Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday We're in Love!

It's the first day of fall and we just need to HAVE A MOMENT because it's been a wonderful first week for us here at Victorian Swag! Every week we'll be joint-posting on what (or who, let's be honest) got each of us entering a state of hysterical rapture or ecstasy... That's dictionary.com's definition of swoon in case you were wondering (read: it's not just me being extra bizarre). Yep, sounds accurate!

(x, x, x, x)
Mariah's pick: The men of Needtobreathe have done it again. The swoon-worthy, plaid-wearing, banjo playing, southern rockers have just released their forth studio album, The Reckoning, and it does not disappoint. "White Fences" and "Drive All Night" are my personal favorites, but I promise the whole album is sure to give your ears lots of FEELINGS.

Sally's pick: "COACH! CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN'T LOSE! TEXAS FOREVERRR!" - this was my reaction when I heard that Kyle Chandler had won the Emmy for best drama actor. There is not a single show on television that gives me more FEELINGS than Friday Night Lights and this man has everything to do with it. After five seasons of consistently powerful performances, I'm thrilled to see him finally getting the attention he deserves now that the series has ended (creyes for eyes!).

Ali's pick: Coldplay is one much the most consistently awesome bands on the planet. At least, that's what I thought until I heard "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," the first single from the upcoming album Mylo Xyloto. Total cheeseball. I mean, waterfalls? REALLY? I was very disappointed. So you can imagine my relief when I heard their second single "Paradise," a beautifully dramatic, lyrically imaginative piece that should have been the ONLY single released. In honor of it's redemptive powers, it was my pick for this week. Check it out.

Sarah's pick: Birthday shout out to Tom Felton! Even though he's 24, I still see him as the little blond Slytherin coming off the Hogwarts Express. He will always be Draco Malfoy to me, but I know that we will see great things from this tremendous actor in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post for so many reasons. Maybe because it's a nice combination of each of us, and I do have a certain little place in my heart for "roundup" posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm really looking forward to these posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete