Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Joseph Gordon-Levitt deserves congratulations, there’s not doubt about it.  We fell in love with him as the adorably sincere greeting-card author in (500) Days of Summer.  Well, if I am being honest, I first noted his potential as the desperate Cameron James in 10 Things I Hate About You, but 500 Days really solidified things.  How can you not love his smile and enthusiasm for life?  I mean the kid did a song and dance number to celebrate a first kiss.  A-MAZING.

And let’s not forget the perfectly cool right-hand-man persona he embodied as Arthur in Inception.  He rocked the suit and the perfectly coiffed look right side up and upside down, and his suits remained as sharp as his jaw line.  He has been known to wash up on the shores of my subconscious on occasion. 

And now he is showing more depth with roles like Adam Lerner in 50/50.  While the movie isn’t something I’d normally post about on Victorian Swag (Seth Rogen does NOT make my list), JGL’s performance was endearing and incredibly believable.  His on-screen chemistry with co-star Anna Kendrick was a highlight and I found myself rooting for their relationship almost as much as I did for his character’s survival.  Needless to say, JGL brings charm and attraction to every role and I can’t wait to see what he does next.  

3 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes. And Yes. He's got his own brand of hipster geekiness and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dance scene in 500 Days of Summer is just... THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete