Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday We're In Love!

We just LOVE Fridays, don't you? And what better way to celebrate the weekend than with a roundup of some of the things that made our sometimes dreary weekdays, I'm talking to you, Monday, seem just a little bit brighter.


Clockwise from top: 1,2,3,4



Sarah's Pick:
The Ides of March is coming out this Friday in theaters, and I am so ready.  Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Philip Seymour Hoffman - the list of crazy awesome actors goes on. Add that to political intrigue and Ryan Gosling's chiseled features, and I'm done.

Ali's Pick:
I love fall. This week, fall was painted all over St. Louis. The trees have turned, I got my boots, leggings and scarves out of the closet, AND, it's APPLE PICKING TIME! Apple picking is one of my top five fall activities. I love going out to the orchard and picking more apples than I can carry (and eating some right off the trees, of course). And you just can't beat the apple pies and crisps that fill the weeks that follow. Happy apple picking, dear readers!

Sally's Pick:
This week marked the 50th anniversary of one of my all-time favorites, Breakfast at Tiffany's. The perfect blend of Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard, gray suits and party dresses, fights in taxis and kisses in the rain, cigarettes at night and champagne in the morning, this film will always be a classic. From "Moon River" to the quirky Holly Golightly's sporadic use of French to delicious lines like, "Now what's all this jazz about South America?" they just don't make them like this anymore!

Mariah's Pick:
A massive congratulations to my favorite Disney heroine on her official coronation as Disney royalty. This past Sunday, little girls from all around the world gathered at London's Kensington Palace to watch the nine Disney Princesses celebrate the newest member to join their ranks, Rapunzel. The ceremony began as the princesses made their way to the palace in historic English carriages and ended with the dashing Flynn Rider (or should I say Eugene Fitzherbert) placing the crown of Corona atop his true love's golden hair. All in all, a magical day; my only complaint: that I wasn't there.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing what everyone chooses for these Friday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Different, but awesome.

    ReplyDelete