Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday We're In Love!

It's Friday again and what a lovely day it is.  Here are a few of our favorite things from this week.  We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!


Left to Right: 1,2,3,

Mariah's Pick: The Son of Neptune:  I think mythology is the bee’s knees. In fact, my favorite part of high school Latin was learning all about the gods and goddesses and their different feuds. So it's really not surprising that I'm completely and irrevocably in love with Percy Jackson. The second book in Rick Riordan's The Heroes of Olympus series about the demigod and his continuing adventures is just as good as the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and it was recently released. Which means you should go pick up a copy and fall in love with the adorably heroic Percy and all his friends.

Sally's Pick: My knight in shining armor, Bradley James, turned 28 this week and you should know up front that I will take up any and every opportunity to either watch gifs of him all day or brand this blog with his face. Confession: I was embarrassingly struck speechless when I saw him in person on the set of Merlin last year (blame the chain-mail) and failed miserably in using those precious moments in such close proximity to gush about how we're, you know, destined for each other. I'm dying in a very damsel-in-distress way to see him resume his role as Prince Arthur in season 4 next January... save me, Bradley, save me!!!

Sarah's Pick: If it is not evident, I LOVE movies.  I mean, love movies.  Romantic comedies, comedies that aren't as classy as they should be, suspense/thrillers, action movies - you name it, I love it.  Like Crazy looks like it fits in the beautiful-love-story-that-has-too-much-reality-mixed-in-it-so-I-know-I'm-going-to-cry-but-I-can't-help-wanting-to-see-it category.  On top of that, how can you resist a love story that's partly based in London?  Watch the trailer here.  It will be coming out on October 28, so get those tissues ready!

Ali's Pick: As cliché as it may sound, Claude Monet has always beenmy favorite impressionist.  His life gushes romance.  The man loved Paris, constructed one of the world's most inspiring home gardens, all the while capturing the most innocent of life's moments as masterpieces on canvas.  You can imagine my excitement when I discovered that his Water Lilies Triptych is on display at the St. Louis Art Museum from October 2 until January 22.  It will be the first time in 30 years that the paintings will be exhibited as they were intended: as one continuous piece.  I can't wait to go see them this weekend!  

3 comments:

  1. MMM. Bradley James. I really don't think he's had enough appearances on this blog yet.

    And I MUST see that movie. MUST.

    I'm jealous you get fun artsy opportunities, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monet and Bradley James! Doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why was I thinking books concerning Percy Jackson had wrapped? And why have I only read the first one? Don't hurt me, Mariah!

    Will you judge me if I cried over that trailer?

    MONET IS MY FAVORITE. NO APOLOGIES. Legit green with envy.

    And finally... can I keep this page open to sneak peeks at Bradley all day? Well ok then!

    ReplyDelete