Thursday, October 6, 2011

royal newsflash

Imagine what a fairy tale prince would look like in real life. I'm twisting your arm here, I know. Do you have a picture of him in your mind? Me too. And what a hunk! I should clarify. Whenever I do this fun little exercise (and no, I won't admit just how often that is), I always envision Armie Hammer. I mean... really. He legit looks like a Disney prince! So imagine my delight when I heard he'd be playing the prince in an untitled Snow White film with Julia Roberts and Lily Collins due out March 16th. Finally, the Hollywood gods have taken one of my aha moments to heart (and really should think about offering me a casting job)! Today EW gave us our first sneak peek at my long-dreamed-of Prince Charming. I'm giddy like a school girl and all I can say is: someone find me a poisoned apple, STAT!
(check out other pictures from the film here)
P.S. There are two Snow-White-with-a-twist movies coming out next year, the other being Snow White and the Huntsman. Which one are you most anticipating? Or rather, which prince are you most looking forward to seeing? I do like you, Sam Claflin, but... obviously I'm going with Armie Hammer! Bias? What bias? It's not like I've written short stories inspired by his beautiful face or any-... oh wait... yep, I did that. But can you blame me? This quote from a recent article in Details magazine says it all: "After asking the bartender for her cocktail recipes, Hammer reaches for his wife’s hand and helps her up from the table. It’s a gentleman’s move. For all of his swagger, Hammer, the proto-Prince Charming, is aware he exists in the story only for the sake of a girl—and maybe for the waitstaff of the restaurant we’ve been keeping open with our drinking. On the way out, Hammer flip-flops around the place as the floors are being mopped, thanking every last person who made our cocktails, brought our food, cleared our plates. This is a man with old-school manners...” See? Princes do exist! You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit I didn't know much about Mr. Hammer other than seeing him in the Social Network, but can I just say, that little Details snippet... I'm a convert.

    Although, I do LOVE me some Sam Claflin, he won me over in Pirates. So, even though I hate Kristen Stewart, I'll go see the other film for him, and Chris Hemsworth. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I LOVE Chris Hemsworth and I've liked Sam Claflin's been great in everything I've seen him in, but... Kristen Stewart as (an expressionless) Snow White? Really? Don't get me wrong, I'll be first in line to see it, but... REALLY?

    ReplyDelete