Monday, October 24, 2011

Who is your lover?

We'd be lying if we said we weren't already celebrating Halloween with borderline-unnerving enthusiasm. From the clever costumes to sweets and ghost stories, we're unabashedly hooked! So what better way to start our Bewitched series this week than with a spooky theme song?

"Transylvania," by the British quartet McFly, is a not-that-I'm-biased-*cough* masterpiece penned by none other than bassist Dougie Poynter who was (plug your ears, Fassy!) my celebrity husband in college. It's a long story. Anyway, when the music video was first announced for this catchy tune, the description that we would "see all the boys dressed up as girls in a Gothic castle, with nasty villains, damsels in distress, and over the top shenanigans" was a tad overwhelming. But no fan could say they were surprised! The final product was a silent-film inspired look made complete with a story creatively woven together by the boys playing every character from Anne Boleyn to Dracula. And holy giggle fits! Oh, what can I say? I like imaginative people and boy do these cheeky Brits use their imaginations! And Dougie, my sweet prince, I love you on lead vocals in your newsie cap and guyliner! I do! I do!
P.S. The behind the scenes footage for the making of this video is the source of some of our most nonsensical inside jokes. And I highly recommend any acoustic version of this song. Absolute quality!

2 comments:

  1. This song will always be amazing, and the video will always be one of my favorites. AND THE BEHIND THE SCENES. best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Tom hisses at those strangers in the street... I can't even!

    ReplyDelete