Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday We're In Love!

clockwise from top: 1234

We hope all of our lovely readers had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We're so excited that it's officially the holiday season that we're celebrating by listening to lots of Christmas music...


Sally's Pick:
If Christmas had a singing voice, it would sound exactly like Andy Williams. Merry Christmas is like instant Christmas spirit and it's always the first album my family breaks out at the day after Thanksgiving i.e. the season could never be complete without it. Personal favorites include "White Christmas" where his voice is oh-so-comforting, the classic "Little Drummer Boy," and "Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season," which gets me skipping and squealing around the house as we start decorating and baking treats for Santa.



Ali's Pick:
As far as Christmas music goes, it's hard to pick a favorite album. I have tons of go-to songs but for the past two years, there has been one go-to album for me -the one that I can't wait to break out the day after Thanksgiving – A Fine Frenzy's Oh Blue Christmas. Full of melencholy whimsy (just listen to "Red Ribbon Foxes" and you'll understand what I mean), I love to have it on in the background whilst baking cookies, crafting my homemade gifts, or watching the snow fall.


Mariah's Pick:
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am that it's finally time to listen to Christmas music! There are so many albums that I love, and I certainly agree with Sarah's pick (it's also my “Christmas is officially here- this is your childhood calling” album), but another album I absolutely cannot live without is Mrs. Fitzgerald's Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas. Put on her version of “Sleigh Ride” and you'll be doing the Charleston around the house while baking Christmas cookies and wrapping presents.

Sarah's Pick:
So, yes, I have been listening to the occasional Christmas carol all month. But the one album I won't listen to before Friday is Amy Grant's A Christmas Album. Whenever I hear that album, it means Christmas is here!

1 comment:

  1. I've made a point of listening to all of these since they were posted. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete