Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday We're In Love!

clockwise from top: 1234

This week there's no rhyme or reason to our Friday picks. Why is that, you may ask? Because we can. So enjoy the random things that have been keeping us going this past week.



Sally's Pick:
This week PBS released a dramatic new trailer for season 2 of Downton Abbey and OMGEEZIES!! First there's Cousin Matthew's picture on Mary's bed and ALL THE FEELINGS and then Branson tells Sybil he'd wait forever and proceeds to kiss her and they're my favorites and OH! MY! GOSH!!!!! To top it all off there's a war, Violet being awesome as usual, a dozen outfits I want to steal, and I just need January to get here already, ok?!

Sarah's Pick:
Oh Starbucks! Let's Merry indeed! Starbucks is celebrating 12 Days of Christmas with a special deal everyday, and I...I...it's just too much! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a nice, warm latte!

Mariah's Pick:
I recently finished reading Nick Hornby's High Fidelity, and I'm not a guy or as much of a jerk as the main character Rob is, I feel like he and I: we're the same. In fact, it's a little scary how much I relate to him; case in point: “Sentimental music has this great way of taking you back somewhere at the same time that it takes you forward, so you feel nostalgic and hopeful all at the same time.” You guys, this book, IT GETS ME.

Ali's Pick:
This week I would like to give a huge shout-out to my book club! I joined about three months ago and so far have loved meeting new friends for dessert, drinks, and literary discussions (and sometimes just hysterical laughter and storytelling) once a month. If you are looking for a book club (as you should be because they are awesome) I highly recommend joining the Forever Young Adult book club in your area; at the very least, check out the blog and enjoy the hilarity!



1 comment:

  1. Sally: COUSIN MATTHEW. MMmmmmmmmmm.

    Sarah: Now I want a Chai Latte. Dang it.

    Ali: Um, FYA is the site I make a point to check every day. Those ladies crack me up!

    ReplyDelete