Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday We're In Love!

(Clockwise from top left: 1, 2, 3, 4)

What is the Christmas season without endless opportunities to stuff yourself with your favorite homemade goodies?  That is a question we won’t attempt to answer here.  Instead, on this lovely Friday, we will share with you exactly which tasty treats we can’t live without at Christmas time. 

Sally’s Pick: To me, "white trash" is synonymous with Christmas. Chex cereal, green and red M&Ms, peanuts, and pretzels all covered in white chocolate... ugh! This holiday must-have is easy peasy to make and tastes especially good when it's made by your mother (hint hint, nudge nudge).

Mariah’s Pick: I love Christmas cookies as much as everyone else, but one of the things I really look forward to during the holiday season is making sweet potato biscuits from a secret family recipe that's been passed down from my Dad's side. They're the perfect little bite size piece of fluffiness to go with the Christmas turkey. They're even amazing with spicy Mexican hot chocolate- so versatile! 

Sarah’s Pick: I love every Christmas treat that is put in front of me, but I have a special place in my heart for eggnog.  I'm a bit weird in that I don't like alcohol in mine, but I think it is so delicious all on its own.  It’s so versatile too: eggnog cookies, eggnog cakes, eggnog scones, eggnog French toast...the list goes on.  Go grab a glass, curl on the couch with your loved ones, and watch a Christmas movie!

Ali’s Pick: Every Christmas Eve my mom, sister, and I spend a few hours in the kitchen slaving over giant bowls of dough, cinnamon and butter, wielding rolling pins and dental floss.  It is all worth it come Christmas morning when the scent of GIANT, hot, fresh, gooey, made-from-scratch cinnamon rolls are waiting for to enjoy while we unwrap our presents.  Mornings just don’t get any better than this.  

1 comment:

  1. I want all of this, NOW! Sally, every year my mom's bus kids give her white trash and I always end up eating all of it. SO YUMMY! And, I simply cannot agree with you, Sarah. Maybe it's my aversion to eggs, but egg nog makes me want to, well, you get the picture. I've always wanted to try and make homemade cinnamon rolls, Ali, but I've never had the guts to try. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete