Tuesday, January 31, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE: Alan Rickman


They say age is just a number... And when I look at Alan Rickman I have to agree. Anything he's in turns to box office gold: Harry Potter, Sense and Sensibility, Love Actually, Sweeney Todd. And oh man, that voice. It just oozes swoon-worthy syllables. Maybe I'm partial because my first Jane Austen movie experience starred him, and when someone wins your heart at such a young age, well, there's bound to be some bias. So forgive me if I swoon over Colonel Brandon whilst the rest of you are fawning over Edward Ferrars. I'll take this more experienced "silver fox" (Sally's terminology) any day.

4 comments:

  1. Heck yes silver foxes! UGHHHHH COLONEL BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I just started reading Sense & Sensibility (BECAUSE I'M HORRIBLE AND HAVE NEVER READ IT) and ughhh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COLONOL BRANDON 4evs! I need to go watch Sense and Sensibility ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, it's about damn time you read that thing! I just love this man. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!! And I am so happy you are reading Sense and Sensibility. It's a delightful read. My original mental picture of Col. Brandon was nowhere near Alan Rickman and I was so happy to have the new mental picture for the second read. :)

    ReplyDelete