Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

(Clockwise from top left: 1,2,3,4)
Friday, Friday, it’s Friday again!  Even though the workweek was technically only four days long, it’s always tough to head back after a long break.  But we made it!  And here are the little things that helped take us from the Tuesday morning blues to Friday happy hour.

Mariah’s Pick: I read a LOT of books, some of them are just fun, breezy reads, but some, like Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, are the rare kind that stay with you long after you've turned the last page. Oskar Schell is the kind of kid I can only hope to have someday, and his journey to solve the one last puzzle his beloved father left him is going to require you to seek solace from a box of Kleenex and your fictional boyfriend.

Ali’s Pick: I spent some quality time with my camera over my holiday break.  I love taking the photos but the best part has to be going through them all over again and tweaking them to color or sepia perfection with Aperture.  Finding the perfect song to put with the slideshow is just the cherry on top of my favorite hobby. 

Sarah’s pick: I was on a music video kick this week, so I was re-watching some of my favorites.  For example, "Baby We Were Young" by The Dirty Guv'nah's is a great song, but this video makes it awesome!  I can't help but giggle whenever I watch it.

Sally’s Pick: I'm already a sucker for horses and period pieces, but throw Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Irvine, and an emotional score into the mix and I'm still swooning over War Horse more than a week later. Each person that interacts with the horse, Joey, seems to be symbolic of that particular point in the war and none was more moving than Toby Kebell's part in No Man's Land. I knew I was going to cry, but my gosh did this movie give me so many more ALL CAPS FEELINGS than I was anticipating (and, yes, that's a good thing)!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, that's a really good book Mariah! But I do prefer Everything is Illuminated! Ali, I envy your skillz. Sarah... all that plaid! All that ginger-ness! This is everything I love about America- AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Everything is Illuminated yet. It's on my shelf, so soon. His wife's (Nicole Krauss) book The History of Love is really good as well!

    We should have a photography day, Ali... Where we just run around and take pictures of everything. Whenever we get to hang out, that is.

    Such a cute band. And the gingers + plaid= swoon! (I know Sally already commented but I had to reiterate.

    I'm FINALLY going to see War Horse tonight. I know that I'm going to be sobbing uncontrollably through most of it because horse films give me so many feelings! Plus Tom and Benedict. HELLO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhh you're going to love it Mariah! HIDDLES GAVE ME SO MANY FEELINGS!!!!!!!! SO. MANY. FEELINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so behind! I totally need to read that book, Mariah! And Sarah, I have not heard of these guys but they look adorable and if their music reflects their style then I am sure I will love it. Sally, I really want to see War Horse; it just looks like one big cry-fest! Great Friday picks, everyone!

    ReplyDelete