Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday We're In Love!


1, 2, 34

Wouldn't it be especially lovely if there were an abundance of Fridays in the week? For instance, the day after Wednesday, because that day always seems to be the hardest to get through. Since this isn't possible, we'll just have to take what we can get.
P.S.- Happy birthday, Ali!


Sarah's Pick: I like all kinds of music, but I always tend to circle back to the folky-country-bluegrassy stuff.  I can't help it, it's what I was raised with, and it speaks to me.  This week saw me take comfort in the hauntingly raw music and lyrics of the unparalleled Emmylou Harris. Greatness.

Ali's Pick: I heart birthdays; they condense some of my favorite things in the world down into one single day: cakes, presents, cocktails, dinner out with friends and family, and the list goes on! I hope I never get too old to enjoy them.  I think Mariah can attest to the awesomeness of birthdays and their ability to get you through a tough couple of days as we are both celebrating this week.  Bring on the giant doughnut-shaped cakes!

Sally's Pick: I've spent the week completely immersed in One Day by David Nicholls and I don't want it to end. This gripping love story, which spans 20 years, has had me hanging on its every word from the very beginning. With only a few pages to go, I'm torn between the desire to know what happens and the agony of finishing a story I don't want to say goodbye to because, holy heck, it just gives me a lot of FEELINGS!

Mariah's Pick: I can't stop obsessing over 
Victoria Ying
's work. This could be because I just saw the new Tangled Ever After short which she worked on for Disney, or this could be because I just love pretty things. Either way, there's no denying that her work is the sort of thing I wouldn't mind hanging on every wall of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment