Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

12, 3, 4


Sarah's Pick: Newest musical obsession: First Aid Kit.  They won my heart with "Emmylou" because they share my love of Emmylou Harris, and they sealed the deal with "The Lion's Roar."  Of course, the rest of the album is incredible, as well, and certainly not to be missed!


Sally's Pick: This week we found out that Samantha Barks trumped Taylor Swift in being cast as Eponine in the new Les Misérables film, which I absolutely cannot wait for, and I am so happy!!! Maybe it's because Eddie Redmayne is playing Marius (read: AHHHHHDLSKfSDKEJF!!!!) and I don't want to hear his name dragged into a bitter country ballad about everything guys do wrong (granted, I heart T-Swift and these songs are very helpful in times of angst, but stay away from Victorian Swag royalty, please!). But mostly I'm psyched that someone who played the part on stage snagged the role, making the stellar cast extra legit!


Ali's Pick: Some exciting things have been happening to the Victorian Swag team: Sarah might be (she totally should) be moving to London and I will be moving to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina for my new job at Lawton Stables in a week!  In the spirit of my new job (HORSES!) and as a small "congrats-you-are-making-a-huge-life-change" gift to myself, I purchased my first pair of cowboy boots.  I pretty much haven't taken them off since I bought them.  


Mariah's Pick: I love all things Peter Pan, so it's no shocker that I am so incredibly excited about East of Kensington, which is a student filmmaking project with a different sort of Peter Pan story. The entire crew is currently running an IndieGoGo campaign to fund the film, which will have all sorts of awesome costumes, sets, CGI effects, and even color correction by the people who did Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (this isn't your usual student film!); if you donate there are lots of awesome things you can get, including your own Lost Boy/Girl name!

No comments:

Post a Comment