Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

1, 2, 3, 4
Mariah's pick: Last week I discovered the Royal Opera Ballet's Alice in Wonderland (their first full-length ballet since 1995- choreographed by the fabulous Christopher Wheeldon), and I just want to wrap myself up in its costumes and music and all-around magicalness. The sets are nothing short of awe-inspiring, and Lauren Cuthbertson is the perfect Alice; the Red Queen's spoof of the Rose Adagio from Sleeping Beauty will have you in stitches, and the Mad Hatter's turn as a tap dancing maniac will leave you inspired. I simply cannot gush enough, in other words, I'll be replaying this ballet for a while!

 Ali's Pick: If you couldn't tell based on many previous posts, I love music.  In fact, there is nothing better than plugging your iPod into your car, selecting your favorite playlist, and riding with the windows down.  This week I am celebrating the fact that I synced my new iPod Classic yesterday, giving me 160GB of uninterrupted music goodness for my next long road trip. 

Sarah's pick: We have been without a properly functioning refrigerator for almost two weeks now (long story of ridiculousness).  It has been somewhat tortuous, but Huzzah! we have a brand-spanking new one as of yesterday evening!  I have never been so happy to hold a cold coke in my life!

Sally's pick: Oh mon dieu, I read Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins this week and oh la la, it's l'amour! I haven't enjoyed a YA book this much in I don't know how long. I'm talking fan mail is going to be written and birth certificates will be edited to show that I am young enough to go to boarding school in Paris so that I can fall in love with a boy like St. Clair who will take me to Point Zero for wishes and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment