Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday We're In Love!


1234
Sally's Pick: On Valentine's Day, I finally purchased Cœur de Pirate's sophomore album Blonde. I've spent the entire week humming and tapping along to the French-Canadian's 60s influenced tunes, some of which are seamlessly sprinkled with English. Not only is it wonderful to see an artist I love come out with such a strong album, but having French pouring out of my speakers 24/7 (since everything sounds better in French) and dreaming of the day I'll return has been a charming addition to my day. 

Sarah's Pick: I've been catching up on New Girl this week, and I seriously don't know what my life would be without it.  It's the most ingenious, quirky show ever, and I can't help but laugh out loud every episode.  Who's that girl? Who's that girl?  It's Jess!

Ali's Pick: I do believe I am now the only member of Victorian Swag who has not seen a single episode of Merlin.  I know, I know; it's a travesty.  Thankfully, my dear friend Sally saw fit to gift me the entire first season on DVD for my birthday.  I shall begin my quest this weekend and I cannot wait! 

Mariah's Pick: All my friends know that I have a bit, which is an understatement, of a Target obsession. So, whenever they release a new designer collaboration, I go a little nuts. Jason Wu is the current designer to add their name to the Target list, and I just want to buy every single item- especially since I can imagine my style icon Zooey loving it as well.

2 comments:

  1. Sally- I HEART Cœur de Pirate! Which is funny, considering I speak not a word of French, but her first album was on repeat a couple years ago when I discovered it, and now I think I love her second one even more!

    Sarah- Heeeey girl, whatcha doing? This show makes my life. Probably because I want to BE Zooey Deschanel. But seriously, it's a snorting/giggling inducing show.

    Ali- YES! Welcome to the wonderful world of Merlin! It will change your life, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, belated reply :X

    But Sarah, I'm completely hooked on New Girl! Ah! Love it.

    Mariah, can we just go and buy that entire collection already?

    And Ali, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! You will defs have to keep me posted on your progress! I hope you love it, cheesiness and all! *MANDATORY SQUEAL*

    ReplyDelete