Wednesday, February 1, 2012

hearts in our eyes!!!

We have oh so cleverly dubbed February the month of (ALL CAPS) LOVE. This is really just code for an excuse to share all our FEELINGS! Whether it's for certain gentlemen, fiction, film, music, you'll be seeing an overwhelming outpouring of LOVE on Victorian Swag this month. That's right, I'm talking more than usual! No filter, no shame, no apologies. This is a place where we can share ridiculous things like the following i.e. a haiku pulled from the early e-mail threads putting this blog together...
Prince Albert... on toast. (x)

Victorian swag
You're looking damn fine in boots
I like your mustache

You also might be seeing more explanations for why we swoon over the things we do... And by explanations I mean...
Funny... this is what my face looks like when I look at this. (x)
MORE PICTURES OF FASSY'S FLAWLESS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What. a. shark... *smelling salts.* I, personally, am going to have more period-piece-induced fainting fits. With even more "explanations," of course! Because the other night my friends tortured me with a movie that was the very antithesis of everything I enjoy whilst making fun of my old fashioned taste. 'Woe is I, this movie has no gloves or horse-drawn carriages!' It was hilarious and spot on, but I feel the need to defend myself a little! I mean, do your modern movies have emotionally charged moments like this?!

Do they? Do they?!?! I declare they do not! SO! MUCH! TENSION! They didn't even have to say anything! Or take their clothes off. All it takes is a glance (can you see how they look at each other?! I can't even begin to handle it!!!!!), the touch only allowed whilst dancing, and- and- heaven help me, someone loosen my corset *faints*!

So welcome, welcome to the month of LOVE! Dear readers, we love you, and it's time to get sappy.

P.S. Here's a gratuitous picture to really solidify ALL THE FEELINGS we're having today:
Oh Mr. Darcaaaaaayyyyyyywoejwoifjklsdfjlajflaj;jkl;sjflsj:!!!!!!!! (x)
Yeah. Yeah! YOU'RE WELCOME. Basically the moment that the term "Victorian swag" was coined. Can you feel the love tonight? I'll bet you can! And I'll say it again... you're welcome!

5 comments:

  1. This post is... Pure perfection! I've already got an idea for a post that simply MUST BE DONE because there is a particular lack of Aragorn/Arwen on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I AM LOVING THAT IDEA RIGHT NOW?!?! Do it, Mariah! SPILL YOUR FEELINGS!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. What are you trying to do to me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! The Haiku! This post is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm glad we're all FEELING the same FEELINGS!

    ReplyDelete