Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

1, 2, 3, 4
Mariah's pick: I'll never forget the day I was browsing Blockbuster (yes, this was a few years ago) and came across a movie titled Once. I had never heard of it before, but the premise of boy meets girl + Ireland + music sounded like perfection; since that fateful day, the film has become a bit of an obsession, and Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (The Swell Season) have won me over with their beautiful harmonies and haunting lyrics. A documentary on their long-running tour and real-life relationship, following the success of Once, has just been released, and it's a must-watch.  

Ali's pick: The best part of my week technically hasn't happened yet, but I am going to tell you about it anyway.  This weekend I get the privilege of traveling to Charleston (that beautiful, charming southern city) to soak up the sun at the beach, sip mojitos in a maxi dress, and catch a professional tennis match or two at the Family Circle Cup with one of my best friends.  It promises to be a delightful time.  

Sarah's pick: My week has gone by quite quickly, which is great since, like Ali, the best part of my week hasn't happened yet.  This Saturday, KU (Kansas NOT Kentucky - seriously, it's not that hard y'all) is going up against Ohio in the Final Four.  I think we all know who will be victorious.  Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Sally's pick: You didn't really think I'd forgotten that it was the month-before-the-season-2-premiere-of-Game-of-Thrones did you? For weeks I've been elbow deep in the first book in George R.R. Martin's series and I fiiiii-na-llyyyy finished the 800+ page beast this morning. And with that ending all I can say is... "ahhhh shizz!!!!!!!!" and "on to book two!"

No comments:

Post a Comment