Thursday, March 8, 2012

Get Your Downton Fix!

So, I'm still going through Downton Abbey withdrawal, and I couldn't see any end in sight until this week.  I may be behind the times, but it has recently come to my attention that Julian Fellowes, the creator of Downton, has a new project hitting the small screen in April.

X
Oh yeah, it's Titanic.  As we all know, April marks the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, and there are sure to be a disgusting amount of documentaries, shows, memorabilia, and the like to completely overwhelm us.  I'm kind of on the fence as to whether I can emotionally handle going to see James Cameron's Titanic in theaters (I have never gotten over Rose not sharing the plank with Jack - even though it was clearly big enough for two), but I know that I will be glued to my tv watching Fellowes' four-part mini-series.
X
If you want to be glued to your tv, too, then mark your calendars for Saturday, April 14!  The show will start at 8 EST on ABC!!!  The first three parts will air that night, and then the fourth and concluding episode will air on Sunday the 15th at 9.  Seriously, I can't wait.  Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO EXCITED about this! SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! That guy in the picture is from Wings of a Dove and I HATED Wings of Dove! SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM FEELING!!! I love Julian Fellowes and surely I should trust him completely... But for me, I will always associate the Titanic with Jack Dawson. AND YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT JACK DAWSON. Ugh. He just leaves my heart completely shipwrecked! For lack of a better metaphor...

    P.S. In all seriousness, here's a question since it's written by Julian Fellowes... WILL COUSIN PATRICK BE ON BOARD?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG it also has Mr. B's cray cray thievin' wife! Not cool. Maybe she'll drown... Oops.

    ReplyDelete