Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's Sassurday!

Paging Dr. Fassbender
Michael Fassbender as a mountain-climbing, plane-crash surviving, nature-loving survivalist?  Oh, and did I mention his character is a doctor as well?  Count me in!  Rumor has it (thanks for spreading the news, Sally) that Fassy is set to star in The Mountain Between Us, directed by Gerardo Naranjo and based on the book by Charles Martin.   Now, I have my hesitations about the movie in general.  First of all, the title.  I know you took it from the book, but, REALLY?  Cheesy much?  Second, it sounds a bit . . . overdone, shall I say?  Two people survive a plane crash and one of them has the prefect skill set for getting the other out alive and they fall in love during their arduous journey . . . blah, blah, blah.  But then you imagine Fassy in that mix as the perhaps-ever-so-slightly-over-written character and, well, I just don't care anymore.  In fact, I am dying to see him in another ridiculously rugged action roll (something other than 300).  So let's hope that these rumors pan out because I know I can't be the only Fassy fan who wants to see him play Bear Grylls, McSteamy, and Gabe Walker (Sylvester Stallone in Cliffhanger) all rolled into one.  

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS LIKE FASSY MEETS MOUNTAIN MAN AND I. CAN'T. EVEN.

    ReplyDelete