Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE: Ian Somerhalder


He first stole my heart as a handsome, somewhat jerky (although we would later discover he only had the best intentions) castaway on Lost. So his traumatic dramatic exit off the show left a rather large heroic-intentions sized hole in my heart. And then he was cast on this little show called The Vampire Diaries, and I said to myself, "I will watch this show because Ian's on it ANDIJUSTCANTHANDLEHIMNOTBEINGINMYLIFEANYMORE." And darn it, if his snarky, bad-ass vampire alter-ego, Damon didn't win me over. Forget lame, sparkly, somewhat whipped vampires, Ian's character is as bad as they come, but it's the little moments when he allows Damon's humanity to show through that you realize what a brilliant actor he is. Oh, and it's that smirk, always the smirk, that'll melt straight through your petticoats. This week, I salute your face, Ian Somerhalder, for redeeming the vampire genre and just being all-around pretty nice to look at.

5 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie... I pulled up this page and my jaw immediately DROPPED. Oh Ian Smolder-face!!!!! Ahhh, Mariah, you are SO RIGHT! A "heroic-intentions sized hole in my heart" is EXACTLY what he left behind on Lost. Boone! BOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!! So many CREYES!!!!!! It still upsets me. And Damon. DAMON. Ahem... I just... can't even... go there... *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started watching Vampire Diaries thinking "oh, this will be just okay" until I fell in love with Damon. And luckily, my fiance Ben (who watches with me), fell in love with him TOO. Because he is oh. so. FINE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you both have exquisite taste!! Haha. Ian is the only reason I started watching The Vampire Diaries and Damon is the only reason I continue to do so (admittedly one of three shows I absolutely can't miss every week)... Did I just say Damon instead of Ian? What can I say? I like to think I live in a world where he exists... *le sigh* ... *petting the screen*

      Delete
  3. Haha, my friend is currently obsessed with this man. And I thought he was just a BOY. But she told me he was thirty-three! My reaction: =[___] He looks soo young.
    I haven't seen Vampire Diaries, though. Can I just say he looks a little TOO pretty? If that makes sense? As if his chin was actually carved out of marble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian Somerhalder is a very possible casting choice for Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey
    50 Shades Of Grey Movie

    ReplyDelete