Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday We're in Love!

(1, 2, 3, 4)
Mariah's Pick: I know that everyone and their brother is facetumbletweeting about Gotye, but I felt the need to tangibly declare my love. His newest album, Making Mirrors somehow manages to take quite a few different styles of music and blend them seamlessly into a coherent musical feast. The incredibly catchy Somebody That I Used to Know gets stuck in your head for days, and I often find myself wandering around humming it- which means you should give it a listen, if you haven't already joined the fan club- don't say I didn't warn you. 

Sally's Pick: All week long I've been embracing my inner teenie, rolling the windows down, and blasting One Direction- no shame- like my life depends on it (it does). *turns on "One Thing," immediately starts arm flailing* I CANNOT HELP MYSELF - AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes you just need solid pop rainbow sparkles in your life, y'all, and these a-freaking-dorable "I can't be no Superman, but for you I'd be superhuman" British lads truly deliver one fist pump and chest pound at a time with their debut album Up All Night. 

Sarah's Pick: I have a friend that lives in a city that did not impress me very much the last time I went.  Granted, that last time was St. Patrick's Day, and nothing will seem classy on a night like that - especially if you're sober.  Well, I am visiting this friend in said city this weekend, and do you know why?  She said the magic words: Coffee Shop. 

Ali's Pick: I NEVER thought I would be saying this (like never-in-one-million-years-I will-find-myself-eating-raw-grasshoppers-before-I'd-admit-to-this) but I attended my first PGA tournament (the RBC Heritage) last weekend and LOVED it.  Maybe it was the sundresses, the overload of bow ties, plaid, and critter pants, or maybe it was the tasty cocktails and sunsets at the Quarterdeck after the rounds; I don't know.  There was just something about hanging out with thousands of people on a beautiful golf course and enjoying the sights and celebrities at Harbour town that makes we want to do it all over again next year.  

1 comment:

  1. Sally- welcome to the club! Embrace your inner teenie! Honestly, I don't care who you are, it's sort of odd if you don't like 1D.

    Sarah- What city are you referring to? I'm so curious now!

    Ali- Look at you. Why, you sound like a you're tuning into a proper Southern lady what with the bow ties, plaid, and I assume khakis and boat shoes were involved as well.

    ReplyDelete