Monday, April 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror


Would you just look at that lovely face! It really isn't fair for one man to be so incredibly nice to look at. But since Armie Hammer is so gorgeous, well, that's reason enough to go see the newest fairy-tale turned movie adaptation, Mirror Mirror. Obviously this film won't be winning any Oscars, nor, it seems, will it be winning over the critics any time soon. But that doesn't mean I can't give it the Victorian Swag seal of approval. If not for its handsome leading man, then at least for the glorious costumes and jaw-dropping scenery...
So, without further ado, I give you the top ten reasons to put aside your "I am too intellectual for this movie" excuses and just give it a go.

10) The Director- It was directed by Tarsem Singh, and this guy knows how to make a visually stunning movie. Which means that even if the dialogue bores you to tears, there's always something pretty to look at.

9) Swoon-Worthy Outfits- The costumes are the stuff dreams are made of. I would live in the movie just to get a chance to wear Snow's dresses. The rest of the cast is dressed in a fabulously outlandish Alice in Wonderland sort of way, which is just as awe-inspiring. 

8) It's a Fairytale- I'd like everyone who doesn't like a good fairytale to go sit in the corner and think about what they've done. Because HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE FAIRYTALES?!

7) Lily Collins is Gorgeous- I know, I know. I was totally prepared to hate her because she is so pretty. But, she's got that whole innocent/kick-butt vibe going on, and her resemblance to Audrey Hepburn is uncanny.

6) The Score- ALAN EFFING MENKIN did the score for Mirror Mirror, so that automatically makes it good. Go listen to "Breaking the Spell," it's my favorite.

5) The Dwarves- These are not your average dwarves; their names aren't Doc or Sleepy or Happy. What they are is kick-ass thieves who provide quite a bit of comedic relief and teach Snow to embrace her inner Xena, Warrior Princess.

4) Julia Roberts- What else needs to be said?

3) The Opening Sequence- I don't even know if I can properly describe why the opening sequence is so amazing. It's completely animated, and I'm convinced that a whole movie could be made in the luscious, warm, ethereal style. It's very much like the Deathly Hallows sequence in Harry Potter.

2) A Surprise- If I told you what this surprise was, then I would completely ruin it for you, but if you're a fan of older, male, British actors, then you're in for a treat.

1) Armie Hammer- Like I mentioned before, HIS FACE IS SO BEAUTIFUL HANDSOME. And  although most critics would disagree with me, I thought he and Lily had chemistry. 

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! Armie Hammer would have chemistry with a toothbrush. I LOVE HIM A LOT OKAY? LOVE LOVE LOVE. DREAM MAN. CASE CLOSED. MARRY ME. UGH. Ahem... so yeah, I need to see this movie. Also b/c of Alan Menken. WHAT UP!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete