Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

1, 2, 34

Sarah's Pick:  So I FINALLY saw The Avengers this week.  I don't know how I was actually able to walk out of that theater under my own power after 2.5 hours of watching gorgeous men.  Of course, that's the girly side of me.  The tomboy in me was just reveling in the kick-assnes of the action.  I felt the need to do crunches and push ups as I left the theater, but luckily for us all, that moment of insanity passed before I even reached the car.

Mariah's Pick: This week has just been one of those crazy whatcouldpossiblygowrongnext weeks. Which is why yesterday, I told myself I'd start the weekend early, and of course that meant a little attempted fishing on Jekyll Island, an afternoon monsoon (I'm not kidding), and a nice lazy night involving a bath and good book. Cheers to the weekend (for which I will accept nothing less than fabulous); I plan on filling mine with bike rides, some beach time, a few candles, and a few vinyl jam sessions. 

Sally's Pick: This week I randomly thought of Christy, a show I was ob-freaking-sessed with in my childhood, and immediately needed to get my fix. And as soon as I started it for what must have been the first time in at least 12 years, the ALL CAPS FEELINGS rushed in right where I had left them. Perhaps I'm just getting overly emotional because this was probably my first exposure to a period piece love triangle (new school teacher + pastor + agnostic doctor = AHHHH!!!!!), but... ZOMG! Must review for the blog!

Ali's Pick: A certain band has been popping up in my mixes lately and I just can't get enough of them!  This week I have had Of Monsters and Men's new album My Head Is an Animal playing non-stop at home and in my car.  Their sound is explosive yet subtle and exceptionally pure; I am really loving the track "Your Bones."  And BONUS, they're from ICELAND!

2 comments:

  1. Preach it, Sarah! I think a picture of Thor's arms might need to go on my fridge for some workout inspiration... and just because I like looking at them.

    Mariah, treat yourself!

    Ali, I shall give them a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you finally got to see the movie. SO GOOD. SO... YUMMY!

    Sally, you've got me wanting to watch this now. I'm going to be spending some long hours on YouTube. Darn you, Netflix.

    I've got a few of their songs, Ali, and I really like them. I might have to go buy the whole album!

    ReplyDelete