Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday We're In Love!

(1, 2, 3, 4)
Mariah's Pick: Lets all just take a moment and aurally immerse ourselves in the COMPLETE AND UTTER AWESOMENESS that is John Mayer's new album, Born and Raised. I happen to whole heartedly agree with Rolling Stone'sfor once, completely accurate assessment: finally, a proper follow-up to Continuum (which is, arguably, one of the best albums of our generation). So, there's no reason to attempt to guess what I'll be listening to all weekend; let's just say, I'm one happy John Mayer fangirl. 


Sally's Pick: I'm in Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I am probably retracing Hemingway's footsteps (having recently fallen in love with A Moveable Feast) or, more likely, falling in love on the Metro and stuffing my face with cr√™pes. I imagine I'm having a blast, seriously questioning my French, and making plans to fall in love with a vintner so I don't have to come back.


Sarah's Pick: I saw Dark Shadows this week!  Tah!  All manner of Tim Burton-Johnny Depp goodness mixed with awesome music, great costumes, and the subtle humor you come to expect from this dynamic duo.  Was it the best movie I've ever seen?  No, but it was still well worth the time and money. 


Ali's Pick: Sooooo . . . the Great Gatsby trailer was released on Tuesday night.  Ever since I hit the play button I have been wishing I was a prohibition era girl with a sleek bob, fringe on my dress, a martini in one hand and Jay Gatsby on my other arm.  I have watched it far too many times already and am really not sure how I am going to be able to wait until Christmas.  



1 comment:

  1. Sally & I share a love for Shakespeare & Co., which I have pictured on my About Me page. I'm also not speaking to her for going to Paris without me.

    I haven't read The Great Gatsby since high school, and I'm very glad I have til Christmas to reread it since a) my copy is in the States and b) I don't have access to a library at the moment.

    ReplyDelete