Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May We Talk About Your Dark Side?

(Villainous Monologue!)
"I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose."  

So you are Mr. Hiddleston.  Glorious purpose indeed!  Oh Hiddles.  You had us swooning at your very first line this past weekend.  For those of you who missed his epic embodiment of evil in The Avengers, shame shame!   I know it has been mentioned before that he plays Loki (the god of mischief, hehe), but I am not sure you understand what that means.  It means Tom Hiddleston, Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome himself, portraying a seriously bad demigod on a seriously crazy power trip that nearly destroys the world.  And let me tell you that he is DELIGHTFUL to watch, ridiculously insightful evil villain monologues and all.  Oh the intensity!  You may fix me with your icy glare anytime you'd like.  Did we mention that we love you, Tom?  Because we do.  We really do.  And we really don't mind when you play the bad guy.  In fact, we kind of prefer it.   So thanks for a great Saturday night.  I am looking forward to more of these.

2 comments:

  1. THAT OPENING LINE!!!!!!! It's a miracle that I didn't pass out right after its delivery. I was grabbing my roommate every time he was on screen, squealing like a 13 year-old. He's my favorite villain EVER, so I'm very pleased with how much screen time he got. Dark & twisty goodness! And there were such subtleties in his performance... Hiddles plays him with such intelligence. It leaves quite the impression! *smelling salts*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding about the passing out, Sally. I might have squealed a little, and, of course, my dad just looked at me like I was crazy. CRAZY! I just want to meet Hiddles and go riding through the woods with him on a moonlit night, and afterwards, if he wants to pretend to be an evil demigod, well then, I wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete