Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May We Talk About Your Je Ne Sais Quoi?

(Smoking might be bad for some people, not for Tom Hiddleston)
Maybe it's his dreamy baby blues; or perhaps that suave, perfectly affected accent.  Maybe it's his melt-in-your-mouth grin or his giggle-inducing chuckle.  Or could it be those strategically positioned frown lines right between his eyebrows?  Maybe it's his perfectly sculpted hands.  Whatever it is (and my bet's on a combination of all of the above), Tom Hiddleston has got it and boy do we appreciate it.  I finally saw Midnight in Paris the other night and, while he plays an American (what an adorable accent he puts on for the part!), it's easy to see that he possesses that "je ne sais quoi", that is frankly, as the French have so aptly put, difficult to put into words.  It's not just the fact that he plays one of my favorite authors of all times (who doesn't love F. Scott Fitzgerald?), or even the fact that this role earns him a spot on my very short and very exclusive "men who actually look good with a cigarette"list.  No, no. It has more to do with the fact that he is Tom Hiddleston.  And while I can't put my finger on what makes him irresistible, I can appreciate the fact that he is just that: irresistible.  

1 comment:

  1. "ANd while I can't put my finger on what makes him irresistible, I can appreciate that he is just that: irresistible." OOOOOH YES. I couldn't have said it better. WE LOVE YOU HIDDLES!

    ReplyDelete