Monday, June 18, 2012

The Magic of Books

There is something indescribably magical about books.  I mean, I don't know anyone who hasn't dreamed of this library:

X
If you have not fantasized about this library, or if you don't know what movie this is from, then you may stop reading now and go elsewhere.  

I have an intense love for books.  The feel of the paper, the sound of the turning pages...  There's just nothing like it, which is probably one of the main reasons that I have yet to succumb to the call of the Kindle.  I can appreciate the convenience of hand-held readers like that, but I find it a bit sacrilegious.  I also get my panties in a twist when people don't take care of books.  Creasing pages, bending the binding unnecessarily, and so many more.  The only sort of "destruction" of books that I can handle is creating art out of a work of art.

Kaspen

One more reason for me to love Alice in Wonderland.
X
Another version of Hogwarts.  I can't even imagine how much time and patience goes into creating such an intricate piece of work.

I want to go, and I want to go now
I wish I had that kind of talent.  For now, I will simply appreciate the genius of others and continue to revel in the paper version of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment