Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE: Michael Phelps

Aww yeah, Baltimore bullet! (x)
Perhaps it was obvious to the world when I went to see you swim in Disney's Swim With the Stars tour after the Athens Olympics and sah-wooned when you high-fived me afterward. Goodness knows it was evident to everyone who ever walked in my room and saw the Wheaties box, the signed shirt, the newspaper clippings, collaged agenda, and life-size poster of your wingspan on my wall. Or maybe it was at its most glaring when I declared you to be a Greek god during an oral presentation in a college French class. But... ya kinda coined FAN-FLAILING for me! Yours was a household name long before I was jumping on a couch watching you swim on television, before you changed the face of the sport forever and graced the cover of Sports Illustrated with eight incredibly won gold medals after Beijing. And just when the world seemed to be making way for a new star, you go and win four golds and two silvers, proving that you're still a force to be reckoned with just like I knew you would. Now the most decorated Olympian of all time, we must say the ridiculously obvious thing here... Congrats, Michael! Congratulations on a stellar career, those races that kept us on our toes, your priceless reactions, and, of course, congrats on your face! You're golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment