Monday, August 6, 2012

M'Lady Lois Lane

(x)
Consider this post an unbridled fan flail dedicated to one of my favorite and most kick-ass fictional female characters of all time: Lois Lane. Not only was she Superman/Clark Kent's girlfriend (and for most of us mere mortals, that would have been enough) she was also a brilliant and fearless investigative journalist for the Daily Planet, a trusty sidekick to the Man of Steel (when she disnt need rescuing, of course) and was incredibly sarcastic. I admit that I am a bit of a lady nerd and I harbor a soft spot for comic book heroes and their supporting characters.  I spent most of my free time in grad school making my way through every season of Smallville available online. I have seen every Superman movie ever made (and most of the Saturday cartoons as well); I even watched the awesome series Lois and Clark for years.  My dedication runs deep.  That being said it should come as no surprise that I am beyond smelling salts excited for the upcoming Man of Steel starring Henry Cavil. Two trailers have already been released!  At the end of the day it really comes down to the fact that I just want to be Lois Lane.  I enjoy hanging around the newsroom in pumps and pencil skirt, just waiting to nail Lex Luther while my boyfriend changes into his cape in a phone booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment